Have two computers? Ever wish you had an extra computer display? There's an app for that! With Air Display, you can turn your PC into a wireless display, to extend the desktop of your other Windows or Mac computer.
Developed by Avatron Software, home of the popular Air Sharing, Air Login, and Print Sharing apps for iOS, Air Display lets you position your PC next to your other computer, drag windows onto it, and interact with those windows as you would on any other computer display.
- Air Display's performance is extremely responsive, employing a unique dynamic compression algorithm. On a typical Wi-Fi network, mouse cursor refreshes are indistinguishable from a wired mouse.
- When you disconnect and reconnect, your windows automatically reposition, so you don't have to drag them back onto the Air Display screen.
- You can choose to connect automatically to Air Display every time you launch the app (when connected to another Mac only, for now).
- Can connect over Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
- Runs full-screen or in a window.
- Download the free trial version of Air Display for Windows and install on the PC that you wish to use as a second monitor.
- Purchase a license from this page.
- When you first launch Air Display, it will present easy instructions for installing the drivers on your other computer.
- Both computers must be on the same Wi-Fi network, either via Wi-Fi or Ethernet
- Windows client app: Windows 7 and above
- Mac OS X host: 10.7 and above
- Windows host: 7 or 8 (32 or 64-bit); Windows 7 Starter Edition and Windows Vista are not supported; laptops with Nvidia's Optimus dual-graphics switching are only compatible when you disable the Optimus feature
- Connection to multiple Air Display clients is Mac only, but we're working on Windows even now